Friday 14 March 2008

Finally registered!!!

So, nothing here is straightforward.



I'm now registered with the medical board. Happy days. I applied in October. Was supposed to start my job mid January. So, why am I sitting on my ass mid march, bored out of my head and writing silly "archives" posts to fill space? :P



Registration came to me today, via email at about 5pm. That's all very well, except the conversation with the hospital just hours prior to this went as follows:



me: Any news on my registration?



hospital: Well, the medical board have given us an assurance that you will be ready to go a week from monday.



me: A whole other week? I'm going stir crazy here. I'm considering going away to Cairns for that week to see my relatives, as I can't just keep sitting round doing nothing.



Hospital: Oh yes, there's no way your registration will come through before monday week, got on a plane and have a nice wee holiday.



So, I get off the phone and book a flight to Cairns at 3pm, leaving tomorrow morning.



At 5pm I get an email from the medical board "Dear Dr. Thunder, your registration has been approved. You are free to start work immediately".



It would make the baby Jesus weep!



I'm going to Cairns anyway. There's a locum covering me, so she can have a few extra days getting twice my hourly wage, before I take over.



I'll keep the blog posted about what's happening. if I have access to "an internet" in Cairns, I have one more installment of the Dr. Thunder archives that i want to post. Then hopefully the next time you hear from me, I'll have some interesting stories to tell.



Wish me luck!!!



Dr. Thunder.

7 comments:

  1. How frustrating! Enjoy your holiday, BG

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'd be frustrating!! Oh well, can't wait for the stories once you start working properly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sod's law, eh?

    But at least the registration is sorted - that's your real passport to survival.

    Enjoy the break, and Easter, and good luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love those bureaucratic machines. Hope you enjoy Cairns.

    ReplyDelete